Carli Bybel Palette Review

16:35

Wednesday, 6th April


Hello, I am coming at you today with a review of the bh cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette.

I received this palette around a month and a half ago so I have had some time to test out this palette and let you know my thoughts on it.

Carli Bybel is well known for her makeup tutorials on youtube. Together with bh cosmetics, they have created this stunning palette with 10 eyeshadow and 4 highlighter shades.

This small, compact palette, together with a mirror is perfect for on the go and has many shades of eyeshadow and highlighter which compliment many skin tones.

There are 4 matte eyeshadows, 6 shimmery eyeshadows and 4 shimmery highlighters but let's be honest you could mix shades together to create the perfect eyeshadow or the perfect highlighter shades for you.

They are very pigmented and do look stunning on the eyelid, I have been testing these out for the past month or so and I do love all of these shades paired with my eye colour. I have been using the first eyeshadow shade non-stop since I got the palette and I have already hit pan but it is a great shade to use under the eyes to brighten those dark under-eye circles.


It was difficult to capture the true colour of the shades in the palette using the iPhone 6S camera because in some lights the shades look quite different. On the left is the palette with flash and on the right is the palette without using flash.  Using flash, the shimmery shades look even more vibrant and shimmery and I think taking pictures wearing this eyeshadow will make it really stand out.

Although the shades are stunning, I have found flaws with this palette. First of all, I am not fond of the smell of the eyeshadows. It may sound like I'm being weird and picky but I usually like the smell of makeup, such as the smell of some foundations but honestly these eyeshadows and highlighters smell like the smell when you walk into your nana's house, it kinda smells like that but with a cheap smell to it as well. You obviously cannot smell the eyeshadows once they are on your eyelid so don't be put off by that. I can only smell it when I put my nose right upto it.

Another flaw I have found is that these eyeshadows and highlighters have quite a chalky consistency. It doesn't bother me too much but I would prefer it if they were more creamier. Applying too much of a shadow on the lid can look cakey because of the chalkiness but if blended out well, it looks fine.

I did some swatches on my wrist of all the shades. On the left is all the highlighter shades. My favourite highlighter shade is the first and second shade combined as it gives me the perfect glow. They are very pigmented and are noticeable on the cheekbone. On the right is all the eyeshadows. My favourite shades are the gold and copper ones as paired together on the lid make my eye colour really stand out.

Overall, I am pleased with this palette. It is affordable and I think it is currently on sale on the bh cosmetics website here. Because I live in the UK, I did have to pay for shipping making it a total of $18 which was around just over £12. I wouldn't re purchase this product again mainly because I think that there are better highlighter and gold eyeshadows out there for a similar price but I do recommend it if you are thinking of trying out this palette for yourself.

Thanks for reading,

Liv

You Might Also Like

0 comments