Nivea Men Shave Balm Primer

01:25

Sunday, 7th February


Hello. Today, I am going to review the Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm. About a month ago, I bought this product as I have heard many, many, many reviews circling the internet and especially from NikkiTutorials on how this product is amazing as a primer at making the makeup stick to your face. In one of Nikki's tutorials on youtube, she explains how this product has glycerin which helps the makeup stick to the face to make it last all day.

I have been using this product for about a month now and I am very pleased with the results. At first, I was very skeptical. I wasn't familiar with primers in the first place anyway but also the fact that this is much cheaper than many other primers and you get a lot in the bottle made me question how good this product actually is. At first, I hated it. It was making my face extremely oily and my makeup felt like it was sliding all over the place and it was not lasting all day. I stopped using it for about a week and decided to try it again. I somehow love it now. It actually works and compared to when I decide to not wear it, you can see a difference and my makeup looks so much shittier when I don't use it.

As I am quite new to using primers, I haven't used many other primers to be able to compare with this product. I do have a mattifying primer but that has a completely different texture to it and it doesn't make my makeup last as long as this primer does.

I put about a 5p amount on my finger and then gently rub it into my face in circular motions until it feels quite tacky. When I first used this product I was confused to tell when it would feel tacky but after about a week of using it, I knew when it was ready for me to apply my foundation.

It smells manly. I actually love the smell of this but don't worry about the manly smell because as soon as you start to rub it into the face, the smell disappears almost instantly.

You do get a lot of product in this bottle for a cheap price and I wonder if Nivea will make this formula into a primer and I wonder if they will increase the price of it in the future.

I definitely recommend this as a primer. I would say if you are feeling skeptical like I was at first, just go for it because it is cheaper than a lot of other primers at the drugstore and you will not end up being disappointed.

Let me know your thoughts on this product as a primer and if there are any other primers that you love.

Thanks for reading,

Liv

You Might Also Like

0 comments