Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation Review

16:36

Saturday, 30th January


Today I am going to review the Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation.

I think this is a new(ish) product from Maybelline. There is also a sponge brush applicator made to use with this foundation but when I was purchasing this foundation from the superdrug website, it wasn't there. As I was shopping online for a new foundation, a came across this product on Superdrug and was intrigued. I watched a couple of reviews of it on youtube and decided to get it for myself. I have been using this product for 2 weeks now and this is my review.


I am in the shade Ivory but I do believe that there is another shade which is lighter. The colour of this foundation matches my skin well (I am also an ivory shade in rimmel foundations and they are similar in colour).

As I have been wearing a primer with this product, I am not entirely sure on the long jevity of this foundation without using a primer. With a primer, I do find that my foundation is still on when I come home from college which means it lasts a good 8 hours.

The foundation is very thick but lightweight, it almost feels as if you're not wearing foundation in a sense. The consistency is smooth and not sticky, and it does have a velvety texture which allows it to be easily blendable. I find that you would need to powder over this as it can transfer onto clothes if not powdered.  However, I find that too much powder can make it look cakey.

I have an oily t-zone and nose and this foundation does mattify it at first but throughout the day, it gets super oily, but this is the case with most foundations for me.

Even though the foundation is thick when you apply it to your hand, it isn't thick on the face. It can be easily layered but I have to make sure it is blended so that my face doesn't cake.

I am pleased with the coverage of this foundation. I have really dark under eye circles and this foundation almost creates a smooth base for my concealer whilst further hiding my dark circles. It almost acts as a medium coverage concealer. However, I do not think this foundation works particularly well for blemishes and spots as those still peek through, this isn't a problem so much for me as I occasionally only get one or two blemishes here and there but it may be a factor that you consider for those wanting a thick coverage foundation but I do find that it does cancel out some of the redness on my cheeks.

It is quite a neutral colour. I do not find that it has a yellow or pink undertone to it which is perfect for my skin.


Pros:

‣ Lightweight on the face
‣ Easily blendable
‣ Medium(ish) coverage on dark circles
‣ Slightly mattifies the face
‣ Lasts with a primer
‣ Neutral undertone

Cons:

‣ Although it is blendable, this can be a disadvantage as it can easily transfer onto clothes and hands
‣ Doesn't control the oil on my t-zone and nose
‣ May not last as long without a primer
‣ Poor coverage on blemishes and spots
‣ Too many layers/Too much powder can cause it to cake


Overall, I am enjoying using this foundation but I may not repurchase it in the future.

Let me know what you think about this foundation (if you have it) or which foundation you are loving (if you wear it).

Thanks for reading,

Liv

You Might Also Like

0 comments